When relationships are headed for trouble, there are methods to gain greater understanding and compassion for our partner and ourselves, learning new skills with each other to break the destructive cycles.
Therapy can help get a couple past the impasse
in order to turn the relationship around.
The theoretical framework of Tracy’s Couple’s Counselling program is based on the ‘Imago’ principles of Harville Hendrix; Terry Real’s ‘Relational Life Therapy;’ and Dr. Les Greenberg’s “Emotion-Focused Therapy’. She has attended many trainings with all three instructors as well as many other specialists in the field. She has also participated in seminars with relationship experts such as Dr. Sue Johnson and Esther Perel.
- Learn new communication skills to transform the negative energy of arguments into greater understanding and safety.
- How to recover from an affair.
- Letting go of the power struggle and reconnecting with the vision of your relationship.
- Discover why you were attracted to each other and why you are now in conflict.
- Learn to use relationships for emotional healing and personal growth. Creating a safe sharing space where conflict can be expressed.
- Learn how the unmet needs of your childhood created unfinished business with your romantic partner.
- Discover healthy personal boundaries that will support you and your partner.
- Additionally, therapy can also be a forum for couples who are contemplating divorce or separation, as well as couples who have experienced infidelity in their relationship.